Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Our house was party-central to celebrate Mother's Day yesterday. The men all got together and made lunch for the moms: grilled burgers and dogs and assorted sides. 

Jared stood in the pouring rain to grill, while Luke and Patrick couldn't resist a perfectly good rainstorm to get soggy-wet and do a little puddle splashing. After all, they did wear their wellies to church in the morning.

I enjoyed having my family with me on this special day. I also enjoyed the greens and whites of the gardenias gracing the center of the table. I'm so glad that gardenias bloom in May!

A few days after Mother's Day I got a special Mother's Day card from Luke and Patrick. They had given their answers to the following fill-in-the-blank statements:
My Nana is 22 years old.
My Nana weighs 2,000 pounds.
My Nana's favorite color is green (P); orange (L).
My Nana's favorite food is cake.
My Nana always says "Do a project".
My Nana cooks the best cake.
My Nana's job is to unload the dishwasher and work at church.
My Nana and I like to ride in Nana's car (P); play hide in secret (L).
I LOVE my Nana because she does fun stuff. 

And I LOVE my two grandsons because they are the sweetest, best boys in the world! 

No comments: