Monday, December 5, 2011

Celebrating Christmas

As December speeds by, we looked at when we could set aside time to buy a tree. Every weekend is already filling up, the Professor is scheduled to work late some evenings, and the tree lots might get emptied before we can get there. So I decided to go buy a tree all by myself.

And I did it: I walked in the nursery, saw a tall tree, pulled it out, and bought it. In something like 15 seconds. I even unloaded it from the top of the car and carried it to the backyard. Then I left it for the Professor to set up in the house. He also gets to string the lights. After all, I have to draw the line somewhere.
When he opened the bin of lights, he saw the lights as he left them last year. I have never seen such tidy, neatly wrapped lights as these. Aren't they cute little bundles?


1 comment:

Carol Noren Johnson said...

You are so resourceful even putting the tree on your car. I would say you have the Professor trained quite well.

I went to my friend's ladies Christmas Tea last Saturday at her church--second year in a row. Does your church do this? A lady decorates a round table for eight and invites seven others, filling the room with round tables. The food is provided for each table--dainty finger food and hot and cool tea. This year my friend borrowed my red depression glasses and they looked fabulous on the table. After the tea we packed up my dishes for my dish washer.

Now our two husbands who both have Alzheimer's were left at our house to put up the Christmas tree during the ladies tea. Did they? No. But they did get the artificial one down from the attic. We had a missionary stay with us Sunday night and he put it up Monday morning!

The job gets done and yes Christmas is rolling around quickly.