Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Do we have a future Jeopardy winner?

Luke, who is almost 4 (or as he announced today, "two twos is four! I'm going to tell people that I'm almost two twos") is a thinker and a talker. He does his best thinking in the car, and I wish I had a tape recorder to capture all the hilarious brilliance that comes out of his mouth.

Here is a sample from our car ride this afternoon. These questions were asked in rapid succession. As soon as I answered one to his satisfaction, he moved onto the next without even a pause.

"Patrick is a couple."
"Mommy and Daddy have a couple of boys."
"Luke and Patrick have a couple of parents."
"God has lots of Mommies and Daddies."
"When was God...where was God a baby?"
"Is God taller than the Big Chicken?"
"Where is our country?" (He meant flag, the flag wasn't on a flag pole it's usually on)
"Is California way way way way way farther away than a galaxy?"
"Is a galaxy farther away than the bright white star?"
"Why is the dog star Sirius?" (he is learning the difference between serious and Sirius)
"Why does my soul never die?"
"Where is my soul?"
"Why can't I see inside me?"
"If I find lots of money on the ground and give it to Mommy and Daddy, can I fly on an airplane?"
"Why does the brown airplane only have seats for the pilot and the people who work there?"
"Why don't they let people fly on a brown airplane?"
"What does 'house' start with?"
"What does 'Jamaica' start with?"
"What starts with tree? No, not 't', what letter makes 'ch' sound?"

Finally, there was a pause. I looked in the rearview mirror - he was asleep.

1 comment:

big sis said...

All I can say is, "WOW!"