Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Homecoming Princess?

I just found out I am a finalist for homecoming princess at KSU! This means I am one of five Junior girls on the court. At KSU, we don't just pick a king and a queen, we have representation from each class. And I, being a junior, would win the title of Princess if I won.

I had to go through an short interview after turning in my application. The questions seemed like beauty pageant questions, ranging from "Why did you choose to come to this school?" to "I see you are very involved on campus. What motivates you?" And my favorite, "Why would you best represent the school?"

I tried very hard to be calm and poised, knowing I would be judged on that, though I was nervously shaking before they called my name. But as soon as I started talking about God and my faith in Christ, I thought It's over. They're never going to pick me. However, I now get to campaign, and I am really excited to have this new experience!

Mom's note: David was nominated from Student Govt too, but he declined the nomination. I thought it would be funny if brother and sister were on the court together!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THAT would set people talking wouldn't it - brother and sister on the court. They might have had another 5 minutes of fame. David is a spoilsport. Hee hee. (Just kidding David)