Monday, December 31, 2007

What to Say When A Christmas Gift is Late

I thought I ordered online early enough this year. However, one gift did not arrive in time for Christmas. I wrapped a gift containing this verse:

T'was the night before Christmas, when all through the house
Papa was stirring, looking for Jared’s book under his blouse [hey, it’s got to rhyme]

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
But the book was not there, for lack of an air fare;

The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
While Papa sat up, scratching his head;

And Nana in her ‘kerchief, and I in my cap,
Had settled down thinking while I sat,

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from my chair to see what was the matter.

Away to Microsoft Windows I flew like a flash,
Tore open the laptop and threw on the flash [drive].

When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a miniature email, and eight tiny attachments,

With a little old Java driver, so lively and quick,
I knew in a moment it must be St. Amazon. [hey, I can’t get everything to rhyme]

It told me the book’s in the mail,
Flying through the air with a sail,

And the email told me something that I hate,
That the book I ordered long ago is going to be LATE.

Merry Christmas, Jared.

1 comment:

Adie said...

SAINT Amazon? Is he the brother of SAINT Charles, who wrote an epistle years ago, down by the Riverside?