Sunday, November 18, 2007

Homecoming

This past week was Homecoming Week at KSU. Student Government, as a student organization, participated in the various competitions throughout the week. I helped make the banner, ran in the three-legged race, and played the part of Lumiere (the candlestick in Beauty and the Beast) in a lip sync. Overall, Student Government won fourth place.

The theme was Around the World in Seven Days, and when I had an outfit, I wore it to compliment the continent of the day; my German dirndl and Celtic earrings for Europe day, and a Chinese blouse for Asia day.

The week culminated in the formal homecoming dance on Friday. Christine and I wore sparkly evening gowns, David wore his kilt, and Daniel wore his tuxedo. A lady at our church did my hair. But we had no plans for dinner. Mom suggested the brilliant plan of turning our dining room into an exclusive restaurant for four; candlelight, crystal, and Vivaldi. Chef Mother created a delicious three course dinner: salad and rolls; pork roast, twice baked potatoes, and broccoli, and a fabulous chocolate cake.


No comments: