Friday, February 16, 2007

My head is spinning! I currently have so many projects going simultaneously that I had to start a notebook for each one. For several months, I have been selling books on two online sales sites. One is an auction (which has ending dates that I need to monitor), while on the other site the books just sit until they are sold. Most of the time, a potential buyer emails questions, so we have email going back and forth. When I sell something, I have to watch for notification of the payment from Paypal, then pack and ship. Usually I build my own box from flattened boxes I scrounge at Costco. When a book sells from one site, I have to delete it from the other site. The extra cash is nice, but I really have to stay on top of email.

Next week, we are hosting an Open House for some friends going to Slovakia (I think I mentioned before). We have invited the entire church. Who knows how many will show up? So we are preparing for approx 100. Hope we have enough food!

David's band is having a fundraising concert in August. Actually, two concerts on the same day. Because time is so tight, and they will be there about 14 hours straight, the governing board decided to feed the whole crew on site rather than send everyone out to get their own lunch and dinner. Guess who was recruited to plan, organize, serve, and clean up the meals? The first thing I did was recruit Chuck as my first committee member. It will be a challenge to serve 60 people two meals out of a pocket-size kitchen while spending practically nothing.

I just finished David's photo album for scouts. It ended up being more pages then I planned, but I included a lot of mementos in it. Next I hope to begin Heather's and Jared's wedding album. It's the one for us, not them. Heather already has her own album. I plan to begin with their engagement, and go through the gift opening. It will be fat!

Now that Greta has a job, I have to run her back and forth on the days she works. Most of the days she works are not the days she goes to school, so I have lots of extra driving now. Although Greta gets a ride to school with another student, I pick her up after school~ during rush hour.

No comments: