Friday, January 26, 2007

Her Highness

I am an art senator in KSU's Student Goverment! Hearing that a postion was open, and that if appointed, I would be one of the first to register for classes as well as being paid 25% of my tuition, I applied for the postion. I met the president and attended two meetings. The third meeting I was appointed along with six others, after very little deliberation. I had to give a one minute speech about myself before they voted; I was so nervous I started rambling about how I loved art, and never said anything about what I could bring to Student Goverment.

As an art senator, I will hold a forum once a semester for my constituents to fill out surveys and voice complaints, I will take those findings to the Dean of the art department, I will help staff the SG office, and make banners advertising upcoming events.

No comments: