Sunday, November 26, 2006

Snapshots of College Life

I accidentally deleted the original, so I am re-posting.

I have been attending KSU for a semester now, and I am really enjoying it. It is very different from being homeschooled, but I love it none the less, especially because I know for sure this is where God wants me.

Dying Hair

at the beginning of school, I dyed my hair dark auburn red, with washout dye. My friend dyed it in the art building bathroom. I really liked the color.

You Know You're an Artist When...

You read about a social issue,and immediatly think of a painting, and can find that painting in an art book because you know the time it fits into based on the style (it was Dutch Protestant)

Your new favorite joke is "look at the rythym and repetition!"

You know if you have a problem with using value correctly

CMYK actually means something (it is the color scale used in printing: cyan, magenta, yellow, black)

you come out of drawing class with a beard from rubbing charcoal on your face by accident

No one looks at you oddly when you act strangely, soley because you're carrying around a huge portfolio, or you're walking into the art building

You pick out what you wear based on the psychological responses to color

you beg your friends to sit still so you can draw them

Date Auction

I attended a date auction with a couple of my friends. One of the fraternities was auctioning off their pledges to raise money for the Red Cross. Most of the guys were ugly, though. I would bid, just for the fun of it, but I was almost always quickly outbid. I only had five dollars with me. One time I raised my hand right as a couple of other people raised their hands, and they put my bid down as seven dollars. The auctioneer started calling out, "Seven going once..." and my heart was pounding, but someone else raised their hand, and rescued me. At least that guy was decent looking. Because of my close call, I decided not to bid anymore. However, the spirit of it got to me again, and I bid on a guy for twenty-one dollars. I had not realised that it was at twenty-one already, I thought that the bidding had just started, and that the poor guy had not gotten any bids. Once again, I almost won a date, but someone else bid higher.




What I Used to Think of When I Thought about College

In high school, I had certain perceptions of college: what I always thought of when I heard the word. Granted, this is slightly skewed b/c its only been three months.

Drinking coffee all the time: I had my first cup of black coffee this semester, and it made me shake while trying to do a 2-D project. I rarely drink it, but it is good with a LOT of stuff in it. I drink more apple cider :)

Dating: Nope

All-nighters: nope

Finals: only one

Driving: nope

Independence: for the most part, yes

Messy room: it is messy as I write, and has been all semester, but it is not suposed to be. I always thought Mum would let me have a messy room. Guess not...

Job: not yet

No comments: