Friday, June 22, 2007

On Our Street

As I walked yesterday I noticed many beautiful details all up and down our street. It was a wonderful, warm summer morning, not yet too hot. I thought you might enjoy the walk with me. First, pansies by our front door, even before I begin walking:

Pink Knock Out roses ("rosa radicon") by our driveway:

A cute little stone wall with liriope growing between the courses:

The old fence around the pasture is beginning to fall down as wild vines tumble over it:

Nearby, a wild shrub blossoms with spidery yellow and white flowers. I see many of these on my walk:

At the end of our street, a view through the woods into a sunny green meadow. We haven't seen the meadow in years because the woods were so overgrown. But it was recently cleaned of most of the underbrush and now we enjoy it again.

No comments: