Saturday, December 16, 2006

Christmas Baking

I did a little baking for Christmas this year, but most of it has disappeared already. I wonder what happened to it all? I baked a big batch of gingerbread boys, and I gave them all smiles, but they all ran off. I made fruitcake, which Chuck always says he hates, but he ate big hunks of it this year. It's gone now. Maybe I'll make another loaf. I made Springerle with anise seeds, and a few are still around. Every year I make it, the designs on the tops seem to melt into the dough. I want the designs to stay clear and crisp; don't know how to get 'em that way. I just took a pan of Kringle from the oven so we haven't even tried it yet. It's a new recipe so we don't know if we like it or not. I hope to make fudge in a day or two. And later, when the Christmas shopping is all done, I'll make a few other kinds of cookies, like shortbread and decorated sugar cookies. Here's a picture of my boys who ran off: