Thursday, May 3, 2012

Big Changes

I {Greta} bought a kiln a couple weeks ago! Yes, one of those dryer sized things that fires clay at temperatures starting at 1800 degrees. I also was offered a wheel two days ago, I just have to arrange for the pick up of said wheel. No, the kiln is not replacing either the heater or the oven in our apartment; nor is the wheel becoming a new side table. Daniel's parents have kindly offered to house both items for us.

Which brings us to the other big change. In August, I am leaving my art teaching job of three years to go into business on my own as a "real" artist! The bowl in the picture is one of the things I will be making to sell {and for the record: no subliminal message about nesting or adding a third little bird to our nest}. I will be selling online, at craft shows, and {if some networking works} at some retail stores! I am so excited!

3 comments:

Carol Noren Johnson said...

Good for you, Greta!

Hugs and prayers for your new venture. I will pray each Thursday about this.

Cousin Carol

bigsis said...

That is SOOO exciting! I'm sure you'll be a success. And what a wonderful start.

joyce said...

When you are all ready...I want some of those bowls!!! I am thrilled for you!!