Friday, April 8, 2011

Busy Spring

We're in activity overload right now.

Today is moving day #1 for the foursome. They have an apartment awaiting them about 12 miles away, not too far from Jared's new office. Today Heather and I will move as many boxes as we are able, using my van. Then tomorrow the rental truck will be packed with all the heavy things. And helpers are scheduled to be here bright and early.

Palm Sunday evening is our church's Seder banquet. I'm on the committee; my main responsibilities are recruiting helpers for all areas, and getting the tables decorated and set. I have identified tasks for 25 helpers so far. I'm pricing paper tableware, and I'm hoping we can finally buy real metal flatware instead of plastic.

Palm Sunday and Easter Sunday
are special events for childrens' Sunday School. I have a number of extra jobs to get done for both of those Sundays.

Our annual garage sale is tentatively scheduled for late April. Half the garage is full already, awaiting pricing and setting up on tables. It will be a big job as usual, but I expect all sellers to help with pricing and set up. My rule is: anything I have to price becomes mine.

House renovations begin the day after H and J are fully moved out. I promised myself that I will take this opportunity to scrape all the remaining popcorn texture from our ceilings. I will start in the master bedroom and bath/closet, and then proceed to the hall, the living room, the dining room, and then finally the little back hall. After scraping, I will need to patch and sand (maybe several times; it depends on my scraping skill). Then I will prime and paint the bare drywall in all of the listed rooms. Then I will move on to paint the walls in all of the same rooms, plus the kitchen and family room (that's most of the house). After the walls comes the trim. Next, there's a little electrical work that needs to be done professionally. And then, finally, I will get to start fresh on decorating the master bedroom. I hope that will include some new furniture, as well as new window coverings and bed linens.

Maybe I will finish by Christmas.

1 comment:

big sis said...

I'm wistfully jealous about the seder. I'd love to have our church do one, it's so meaningful. Maybe next year.