Saturday, November 15, 2008

Baptism Class

'twas 7:30 AM on a Saturday morning -- a very early time for me during any day of the week, especially Saturday morning, and I started a class session for those training to be officers in our church and other staff members and volunteers. The topic this morning was the Lord's Supper and Baptism. I had the lesson plan all ready, but did what I often like to do, I asked what questions the class had rather than start with my prepared plan. The next two hours went quickly as we discussed the various historical views of the Lord's Supper and the one we think the Bible teaches, and then baptism. I told them of my background, that I was a thoroughgoing "credo baptist" but became a convinced paedobaptist (holding to the place of infant baptism). I had fun because there was at least one who was skeptical to the paedobaptist position and I got to walk through a thread of reasoning to develop the topic.

I will conduct a baptism series on my blog, MetaSchema, on the topic, basically going over what I taught in the class this morning.

No comments: