Monday, September 22, 2008

Luke's first step!

I took Luke to the nursery when we got to church yesterday. He doesn't like the nursery, so he hasn't been there much recently. I stood him on the floor next to a big basket full of toys, and attempted to extract my clothes...neck...hair...face... from his frantic grasp while pointing out some colorful noisemakers to distract him. He wasn't buying it. When I started to back away, Luke reached out his arms toward me and took a tiny step in my direction!

Luke has been standing on his own quite well for about 2 weeks now, and will stand up from a squatting position if I am above him, ready to pick him up. He loves walking when holding onto our fingers. But we thought his first unsupported step would still be at least a month away.

Luke has taken three more steps since then, but we haven't managed to document them yet.

7 comments:

Heather said...

p.s. He's nine and a half months old. I am a PROUD mama!

Chuck said...

Wow!! Way to go Luke! Heather and Jared, you have a smart and coordinated kid. He throws a ball well too, able to accurately throw it my direction most of the time.

Anonymous said...

Git yer camera ready!! Zoom-Zoom!!! Off he goes! Aiden will be most impressed, Taylor will be happy and Luke will finally be able to ‘run away!’ Granddaddy & Weemama are jazzed!! :)

Adie said...

Nana says, "Yay Luke!" clap-clap-clap

Anonymous said...

Life will never be the same, you'll be running until he leaves home. What fun!

Unknown said...

I'm not allowed to run until my doctor says I can...

Leah said...

awww yay Luke!! what a smart kid! can't wait to see the little guy...and of course all you guys!! :D