Saturday, April 26, 2008

I'm Famous...I was on the Radio!

One evening, Mommy and I were in the car listening to the radio. The talk show host was taking calls about people's favorite country fair/festival in their area. Just before commercial break, he gave out his phone number again, as Mom hurriedly scratched it down. I tried calling in, but the line was busy every time. I was dropped off at my friend's house, and Mommy drove home. Finally, I got through! I explained to the phone screener what I was calling for, and he put me on hold. Quickly, I jotted down some notes so I wouldn't forget anything in my nervousness. My friend called Mommy to let her know I was actually going to be on the radio (then Mommy called Daddy...).

I talked about the Stone Mountain Highland Games: when it was, the fact that it has over 400 bagpipers, the dancing, the athletics, the men in kilts, and the food, including haggis. The host said, "Now tell us what haggis is, for those out there that don't know."
"Its a sheep's stomach filled with the rest of the sheep's organs chopped up, and cooked with spices and oatmeal."

And at the very end, I threw in a plug for the Atlanta Pipe Band.

No comments: