Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Chattanooga update

Well, Mr. Peep is getting stronger and more active. We went to the doctor for another checkup on Monday, and the doctor had a hard time keeping track of the heartbeat because Peep kept zooming around! He is now nearly 12 inches long and probably weighs about 1 pound. How that translates into 8-10 pounds on me is a mystery.

I can feel stronger movement, and it is now much more frequent and constant. Instead of little flutters at lunchtime and late afternoon, I feel like my whole belly is hiccuping and jumping around all day. I think we need to rename Peep to "Giant Jumping Bean." Sometimes I can even watch a little section of my tummy poke out from the kicks. Jared hasn't been able to feel any movement though - as soon as he puts his hand on my belly Peep stops moving altogether.

Other news:
-Jared starts training for an additional position at the bank this month. In addition to being teller, he will also be able to open accounts and loans and do all the other mysterious things those desk people can do. We are hoping that with the increased responsibility comes a decent pay raise.
-Chattanooga is re-opening an old drawbridge this weekend that has been under renovation for 2 years. This bridge will cut our commute from 15 minutes to little more than 5 minutes. Our section of town likes to celebrate anything, so they are throwing a big festival on the bridge. That is, if they can lower it - the drawbridge has been raised (hopefully not stuck) for the past 36 hours.
-The World's Longest Yardsale comes through Chattanooga this weekend! A thrifter's dream! I will be looking for baby things (and a dresser inexpensive enough and small enough to cram into our car).

1 comment:

Adie said...

A jumping bean huh? Shall we rename him Pedro?

So, yet another year will go by with me missing The World's Longest Yard Sale! Enjoy it for me too.