Sunday, August 26, 2007

Can't Swing

I watched Greta and her friends swing dance for a few moments... on my crutches, with strong pain medication.

I've been walking two hours or more per day since I have started loosing weight again. On Wednesday this past week, I noticed I had a minor pain on my left leg in my inner thigh, next to my groin, as I concluded my morning walk. I showered and drove off to work and walked to my desk. I had some slight discomfort as I walked about the office. But as I sat in my chair in my cubical, the pain started to intensify over a period of an hour. I tried standing up. Sharp shooting pain shot through my inner thigh. I couldn't walk straight. I sat down -- it was painful to sit down. I talked with my coworker next to me. He's a sports jock, and he said it sounded like a strained groin and I should just tough it out. In ten minutes it was getting unbearable, and I knew if I didn't leave right away, I'd have to be carried out. So I packed up my laptop and walked down very slooowly to my car. Each step was accompanied with crushing pain.

I finally got into the car. Fortunately it was my left leg and I am driving an automatic, so my right leg was doing all the activity. I called my doctor from my cell phone. His office is within a mile from my house and he had an immediate opening.

As far as anyone can tell, I have a severe pulled groin muscle. I've never had one of these before. It feels dislocated. The next day, Thursday, was my worst day, I could hardly move, strong pain medication didn't help at all except making me sleepy and allowing me to get some cat naps. My pastor graciously loaned some crutches. I am feeling better today, Sunday, but it is still very painful. I am seeing another doctor Monday morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yikes...I'm prayin' for ya!