Sunday, February 11, 2007

College Preview

This past weekend (Thursday - Saturday), I went to Covenant College with my youth director and a few kids from the youth group, for the annual "Preview Weekend" that we take to visit the college.

I had been there many, many times before, since Heather graduated from Covenant, so I knew what the campus was like. The main reason for going was to be able to sit in on a few classes. I sat in on 3 classes:

Operating Systems (Computer Science)
Organic Chemistry
Christian Doctrine II

The computer class was small; only 2 students in the class. I actually understood a little bit of what they were talking about; which I guess is a good thing!

The Organic Chemistry class went right over my head. The moment he said the first big word (I forget what it was), I knew I wouldn't have a clue about the rest of the class.

Christian Doctrine II was rather interesting. It was by far the largest class. Since we were only sitting in on one class, and they were reviewing stuff from previous classes, I didn't understand most of it. But I really liked the professor.

Most of all, I liked the small campus. With only 1,000 students (which still seems like a lot), it seems like its a much more personal college.

1 comment:

Heather said...

hehe. you're funny. Do you remember the professor's name from Doctrine?