Saturday, January 13, 2007

Awkward Days and Funny Moments

Awkward Day:
Monday, I had brought my lunch, but was still very hungry, so I bought some Chinese food. I asked for some "fried noodles", even though I had seen the sign that clearly marked them as Lo Mien. The server looked at me strangely as my friend corrected me. In broken English he told me, "We no have noodles, we have Lo Mien." Later, when I was filling out an application for Art Senator on Student Goverment, I misspelled my name, forgot my e-mail address, and didn't know my GPA. I caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror after I left: my hair was so frizzy it looked like I had stuck my finger in an outlet, and my clothes were rumpled. What a great first impression I made!

Funny Moment:
In the thrift store today, I wore a full calf-length skirt with silver sequins scattered over the design. I was leaning over a bin, rooting through the fabric while a girl was diddling around the bins, too. Finally she got up her courage, and came close to stage whisper, "I don't know you, but I really like your skirt." I smiled as I whispered back, "Thank you."

2 comments:

Heather said...

I'm so confused...I don't know how to get to this blog except to google it. The old one is in my dashboard, and so I thought no one was updating.

Chuck said...

I'll make sure you're in the correct one for your dashboard.